Wednesday 23 May 2007

prepare to be amazed

Check out the amazing 3-D artwork of pavement artist Julian Beever. His chalk pictures are drawn so that they appear 3-dimensional when viewed from the correct angle. In this photo (copyright and used with Julian's permission) the man, I presume the artist, is standing on one of his pavement pictures - you can still see the paving slabs.

Julian has been around for a while, but I have only recently come across his work, so I'm guessing others may not have seen these pictures either. Check out his website, or go direct to some of his best works including:

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm just too simple-minded - I've seen this guy's work before, but every time I am just amazed... I know how he does it, but I still find it incredible :D
    mind you, I have this reaction to things like the telephone too, so make of that what you will...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.